This is a family traditional salad recipe that my mom and my grandmother use to make for family gatherings or special occasions. Every bite is a mixture of different ingredients, all chopped into small pieces to deliver that rich outburst of flavours.
Ingredients for Russian Salad:
- 3 peeled potatoes
- 2 peeled carrots
- 3 boiled eggs
- 1 fully cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 1 cup chopped pickles
- 3/4 cup mayo
How to make Russian Salad:
- In microwave dish add 3-4 tbls of water, and cook the potatoes and the carrots for about 10 minutes, check that knife pierces them smoothly. If needed add more time. Don’t let them get too soft.
- In a separate pot put eggs in cold water. Bring to a boil and leave it on the same burner for 10 minutes. Cool them down in cold water.
- (optional) In a separate pot cook the breast chicken, add the 1 tsp of salt and 2 bay leaves. Cook it 30 minutes. Cool the breast chicken to room temperature.
- Remove the vegetables and eggs from boiling water and allow them to cool to room temperature prior to chopping. Remove the peeled of the potatoes and carrots with a small knife.
- Chop the chicken breast (cooked from step 3 or pre-bought deli), potatoes, carrots, pickles and eggs into a big dish.
- Add mayo and mix all together.
Enjoy!! If you make Russian Salad, let me know what is unique about your salad 🙂